If you have been pulled over and arrested for drunk driving in Arizona, you need to secure assistance from a qualified attorney as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of John Phebus, our Surprise DUI defense attorneys are ready to get to work on your case immediately, beginning with a hearing with the DMV to delay or prevent your driver’s license suspension. By hiring an attorney right away, you are protecting yourself from saying or doing anything that could incriminate you.
Why do you need The Law Offices of John Phebus?
Being charged with DUI is scary, but having a skilled Surprise criminal defense attorney by your side can help alleviate some of the pressure. The Law Offices of John Phebus are here for you.
- Our team has more than two decades of combined legal experience handling DUI cases throughout the Surprise, Arizona area.
- Our attorneys are familiar with the courts and prosecutors throughout Maricopa County, including Surprise.
- Every client we take receives personalized attention for their case. Your attorney will be there from the very beginning all the way to the conclusion of your case.
Arizona Has the Most Severe DUI Penalties in the Country
It is illegal to drive impaired by alcohol or other substances in Arizona. Under A.R.S. 28-1381, we can see that there are various ways that a person can face DUI charges in the state.
- BAC of .01 to .08. Drivers under the age of 21 can face an underage DUI if they have any alcohol in their system. They could also be charged with minor in possession or minor in consumption, which can have serious effects on their ability to keep their driver’s license.
- BAC of .08 to .149. This is considered a regular DUI offense.
- BAC of .15 and up. This is classified as an Extreme DUI in Arizona.
- BAC of .2 and up. This is classified as a Super Extreme DUI in Arizona.
Penalties for DUI vary depending on the levels listed above, but a first-time offender for a regular DUI can expect the following possible consequences:
- 10 days jail time
- $1,500 fine
- 90 license suspension
- Interlock device for 1 year
- Alcohol evaluation/treatment program
For those charged with Extreme or Super Extreme DUI, there will be significant increases in the punishments listed above. Second and subsequent offenses for any DUI charges will also lead to enhanced penalties. An experienced Surprise DUI lawyer can help you build a solid defense case and may even be able to have the charges reduced.
How Can A DUI Attorney Help With My Case?
There are various ways in which an attorney can formulate a winning defense strategy for your DUI case. This can include arguing the following:
- You were stopped improperly by the police
- Police did not follow proper field sobriety protocol
- The BAC sample analysis was incorrect
- There were medical conditions that caused DUI-like symptoms
- Miranda rights violations
The earlier your Surprise DUI defense attorney gets involved in a case, the quicker they can begin obtaining all evidence necessary to properly defend you in court.
Call Us For a Free Consultation Today
If you or somebody you care about is facing a DUI charge in Arizona, you need to seek assistance from a skilled attorney as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of John Phebus, our qualified attorneys have vast experience handling these offenses for clients. We will investigate every aspect of your case in order to formulate the best possible defense strategy. When you need a Surprise DUI defense attorney, you can contact us online for a free consultation or call us at (623) 847-7117.