Driving under the influence charges can be detrimental. Upon conviction, a person could face a range of penalties, including jail time, license suspension, and more. At The Law Offices of John Phebus, our qualified and experienced team has decades of experience helping clients beat DUI charges. Our NW Phoenix DUI defense lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation into your case and form a solid defense strategy on your behalf.
Choose The Law Offices of John Phebus to Help You
A DUI charge can have long-lasting consequences, and you need an attorney by your side who recognizes how this can affect your life. Turn to The Law Offices of John Phebus.
- We are familiar with the courts and prosecutors in NW Phoenix and Maricopa County, so we will always have an open dialogue with them about your charges.
- Your case will always be handled by an attorney, not a paralegal or other legal assistant.
- We offer a free consultation about your NW Phoenix DUI case. No strings attached, completely confidential.
Severe Consequences for a DUI Conviction
There are various types of DUI that a person can receive in Arizona. While the legally allowable blood alcohol content (BAC) level in the state is .08%, charges vary based on how much alcohol a person has in their system. Importantly, anyone under 21 years of age can receive an underage DUI if their BAC is anywhere in the .01 to .08 range. DUI penalties in Arizona vary depending on the type of DUI you are charged with. DUI’s are classified depending on your BAC level.
- DUI charges are applied if a person’s BAC is .08 to .149.
- Extreme DUI charges are applied if a person’s BAC is .15 to .19. If you are charged with this type of DUI, it’s important to seek assistance from a Glendale extreme DUI attorney.
- Super Extreme DUI charges are applied if a person’s BAC is .2 or above.
The penalties for these charges vary depending on the charges. First-time offenders who are convicted of a regular DUI in Arizona could face:
- Up to 10 days in jail
- A $1,500 fine
- 90 days suspended license (revocation of license for one year if breathalyzer refused)
- One year of an ignition interlock device installed in the vehicle
- Alcohol treatment program
Anyone who faces a second or subsequent offense, and anyone who is charged with Extreme or Super Extreme DUI, will face increased penalties.
Defenses For Your DUI Case
Your attorney will thoroughly investigate the evidence being used against you and work to determine whether you should have even been charged at all. In many cases, there are times when police made errors when administering field sobriety tests or BAC evaluations. The police may not have even had a reason to stop you in the first place.
A NW Phoenix DUI attorney needs to get to work on your case a soon as possible. The sooner your lawyer gets to work on your case, the better. In Arizona, you have 15 days from the date of your DUI arrest to request a hearing with the MVD to challenge your case and possibly keep your license until your criminal case is resolved.
Speak With a DUI Attorney – Contact Us Today
If you of a loved one are facing DUI charges in NW Phoenix, you need to turn to a skilled lawyer who has your best interests in mind. At The Law Offices of John Phebus, we are going to investigate every aspect of the charges against you in order to formulate a defense on your behalf. Our NW Phoenix DUI defense attorneys will be with you every step of the way. You can contact us online for a free consultation or call our office at (623) 847-7117, we serve clients in Northwest Phoenix and throughout Arizona.