If you or somebody you care about are facing a DUI charge in Arizona, you need to seek assistance from a skilled attorney as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of John Phebus, we know how serious these charges can be. Our Buckeye DUI defense attorneys will investigate every aspect of the case against you and work to get the charges reduced or thrown out.
Choose The Law Offices of John Phebus to help
The most important step you can take after being charged with any kind of DUI is to secure an attorney as soon as possible. The Law Offices of John Phebus are here for you.
- Every attorney on our team is familiar with the courts and prosecutors throughout Maricopa County and Buckeye.
- An attorney will handle every aspect of your DUI case personally, from the initial court appearance through any negotiations with prosecutors.
- We will take the time to explain every aspect of your case to you as well as the most likely outcomes.
You have 15 days after your DUI arrest to submit a hearing request with the MVD to delay or prevent your driver’s license from being suspended. It’s important to speak with a Buckeye DUI attorney as soon as possible, to protect your rights and defend your case. Contact The Law Offices of John Phebus at (623) 847-7117.
DUI charges must be taken seriously
Many people do not realize there are varying levels of DUI offenses in Arizona. Under A.R.S. 28-1381, the following classifications of DUI offenses apply based on blood alcohol level measures:
- Those under 21: Anyone under the age of 21 can be charged with DUI if they have any alcohol in their system.
- Regular DUI: This applies if a person’s BAC is between .08 to .149.
- Extreme DUI: This applies if a person’s BAC is between .15 and higher
- Super Extreme DUI: This applies if a person’s BAC is between .2 and higher
Penalties for a regular DUI for first-time offenders can include the following upon conviction:
- Up to 10 days in jail
- A fine of around $1,500
- 90-license suspension or one-year license revocation
- 12 months of an ignition interlock device
For those charged with a second offense, the DUI penalties in Arizona increase significantly and include the requirement to complete community service. Anyone convicted of extreme or super extreme DUIs in Arizona faces enhanced penalties, even for first-time offenders.
Aside from the penalties set forth by the state, a person convicted of DUI will also face enhanced insurance premiums due to the requirement to carry SR22 insurance.
Why is it important to hire a DUI lawyer?
An attorney will be an invaluable resource for anyone facing a DUI charge. There are various defense strategies that a Buckeye DUI lawyer could employ, depending on the facts of the case.
An attorney will thoroughly scrutinize police procedures leading up to the arrest. This will include determining whether or not field sobriety tests and blood alcohol tests were conducted properly.
The sooner you secure an attorney to help with your DUI case, the more likely you are to reach a successful outcome.
Contact a Law Firm With Experience in DUI’s
If you or somebody you love has been charged with DUI, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. The earlier you involve help from a skilled attorney, the better your chances are at beating the charges. At The Law Offices of John Phebus, we are going to handle every aspect of your case and work to formulate a winning defense strategy. When you need a Buckeye DUI defense attorney, you can contact us online for a free consultation of your case or by calling (623) 847-7117.