Uber and Lyft have become household names throughout the United States and here in Arizona. However, if you or somebody you care about is injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a rideshare driver, turn to The Law Offices of John Phebus for help. Our Buckeye Uber and Lyft accident lawyers understand the complexities involved in these cases and will work to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Why choose The Law Offices of John Phebus?
- We have more than 20 years of combined legal experience handling car accident cases, which makes us especially qualified to handle incidents involving rideshare vehicles.
- We pride ourselves in providing clients with individualized attention for their cases.
- We only charge for our services if we win.
Why is an attorney necessary for these cases?
Accidents involving Uber or Lyft vehicles can be notoriously difficult to handle, particularly because the insurance carriers involved will use aggressive tactics in order to lower any settlement they payout. As we will discuss below, there are often multiple insurance companies involved in these cases. Your Buckeye Uber and Lyft accident attorney will handle every aspect of your case. They will:
- Obtain all evidence needed to prove fault
- Negotiate with all parties involved for a fair settlement
- Prepare your case for trial if necessary
Who pays for these expenses?
It would be naive to think that Uber and Lyft accidents are not just as common as any other car accident. Rideshare drivers are just like anybody else on the roadway. While we do not have exact statistics on how many accidents are caused by rideshare drivers in Arizona, we do you know that there were 127,056 total crashes during the latest reporting year in the state. The Arizona Department of Transportation says these incidents lead to more than 1,000 fatalities and more than 53,000 injuries.
Securing compensation in the aftermath of a rideshare car accident can be complicated. Insurance compensation for these incidents largely revolves around what the driver’s status was at the time of the incident. Which is why it’s important to speak with a Buckeye car accident attorney for help.
- If a rideshare driver is not signed in to work through the rideshare app, their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for compensating any damages or injuries after a crash.
- If a rideshare driver is signed in to work but does not have a passenger when they are involved in a crash, their personal insurance carrier still provides the primary coverage. Uber and Lyft’s insurance will only kick in in this circumstance if policy limits are exhausted by the primary carrier.
- If a rideshare driver has a passenger or is on the way to pick one up while signed in to the app to work, Uber and Lyft provide a $1 million liability insurance policy for anyone involved in the accident.
Let Us Get to Work On Your Rideshare Accident Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of an Uber or Lyft driver, seek legal assistance today. At The Law Offices of John Phebus, we are ready to investigate what happened in order to secure any compensation you are entitled to. This can include:
- Coverage of your medical bills related to the crash`
- Compensation for lost income if you are unable to work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the rideshare driver or company
If you need a Buckeye Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by submitting our online contact form or calling (623) 847-7117.