A serious injury could change your life. You could face a long-term or permanent disability, along with hurdles such as expensive medical bills and the inability to go back to work. The accident may have also cost you in property damages and pain and suffering. When a personal injury impacts your life significantly, it is critical to hire a Peoria personal injury lawyer to help you fight for maximum compensation from the at-fault party. Handling a claim on your own could lead to serious issues in obtaining fair recovery.
Issues You May Face on Your Own
In general, it is not in your best interest to handle a personal injury claim on your own if you have a lot to lose. If you have spent thousands of dollars in medical bills or will live with a disability for the rest of your life, for example, hiring a lawyer could help you receive full justice and compensation for your damages. Otherwise, you may fall for the tricks of an insurance company and settle for less than you deserve. You could run into many issues when trying to represent yourself during a personal injury claim in Arizona.
- Identifying the wrong defendant
- Missing opportunities to obtain compensation
- Facing insurance bad faith
- Missing your deadline or statute of limitations
- Failing to provide all necessary information with your claim
- Filing the claim with the wrong courthouse
- Misinterpreting Arizona’s personal injury laws
- Having trouble collecting evidence
- Struggling to prove the defendant’s fault
- Settling for less than your injuries are worth
If you believe you have the knowledge and resources to handle these obstacles on your own, you have the right to represent yourself during an insurance claim or injury trial in Arizona. You can always decide to hire an attorney if you run into problems later. However, most clients only choose to handle things alone if they have minor injuries, minimal medical bills and nonpermanent injuries. For more serious injuries and accident claims, clients often need assistance from attorneys for fair outcomes.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer
Many accident victims do not want to take on the obstacles of a legal claim while also dealing with injuries and medical care. They also do not want to risk hurting their claims or settling for a lowball amount. For peace of mind and the best odds of obtaining fair compensation, they hire attorneys to represent them during claims. Trusting an injury attorney to handle your case could provide many benefits.
- You can receive answers to questions such as how much your case is worth and how long it will take to resolve. Your lawyer will always be 100% honest, upfront and straightforward with you. Your lawyer will have a legal obligation to treat you fairly and do what is in your best interest.
- A personal injury lawyer will have the education, training and experience to handle your case with care. Your lawyer can create aggressive strategies, go up against insurance companies and fight for maximum compensation on your behalf.
- A law firm has the resources to strengthen your claim. Demonstration equipment, legal technology, investigators, subject-matter experts, accident reconstructionists, and connections with judges and clerks are some of the perks that can come with hiring a lawyer.
The main reason most personal injury clients do not hire lawyers is concern over the cost. At a law firm such as The Law Offices of John Phebus, however, clients will not have to pay out of pocket for legal services. We represent clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning they will only pay our attorney’s fees out of a settlement or judgment won – and only if we are successful in winning the claim. Reap all the benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer without paying upfront with Attorney John Phebus. Discuss your personal injury case with us for free today.