A traumatic brain injury is one of the most serious injuries an individual can sustain, with a high chance of causing long-term complications and possibly even permanent disability. If you or a relative sustained a brain injury in the Glendale area recently, contact the Law Offices of John Phebus today to schedule a free consultation with a Glendale brain injury lawyer.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of John Phebus have more than 20 years of diverse experience with various types of law, including personal injury and criminal defense.
- Founding attorney John Phebus is the former president of the West Maricopa County Bar Association and current chairman of the Criminal Justice Section of the State Bar of Arizona.
- Our firm understands how devastating brain injuries can be and we leverage our resources and experience to maximize each client’s compensation in every case we take.
- We offer free case evaluations to potential clients. This allows a person with a legal issue to better understand his or her available options for recovery before committing to legal representation.
How Much is a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim Worth?
Brain injuries not only leave victims more susceptible to subsequent future brain injuries, but they may also entail life-altering symptoms or disabilities. Some brain injury victims may suffer physical, mental, or social impairment, experience language and sensory changes, or display marked changes in behavior and personality. These effects can strain personal relationships, interfere with work, or even require ongoing medical care for many years to come.
The right Glendale brain injury attorney can help a client secure compensation for medical expenses, lost income, property damage, and pain and suffering related to a brain injury caused by another party’s negligence.
What are the Types of Brain Injuries?
A brain injury may result from a sudden blow to the head, interpersonal violence, or exposure to toxic substances. Brain injuries may also occur from oxygen deprivation, such as in a drowning incident. Some of the most common causes of brain injuries include motor vehicle accidents, violence, sports accidents, workplace accidents, and swimming accidents. Brain injuries generally exist in two varieties: open and closed.
- An open brain injury is one in which the injury-causing element penetrates the skull and damages the brain, such as a knife or gunshot wound.
- A closed brain injury is one that usually results from an impact like a car accident; the skull remains closed and intact, but the brain suffers damage from striking the inside of the skull.
- A mild closed brain injury may cause a concussion, a relatively mild brain injury that usually clears up on its own with time.
However, more serious injuries, such as brain hemorrhaging or contusions, are also possible, creating a severe risk of permanent impairment. If you suffered a brain injury caused by a car crash, our Glendale car accident lawyer can help you recover compensation to cover for your medical expenses.
How Can a Glendale, AZ Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Help?
A brain injury case can be extraordinarily complex, involve a host of damages, long-term disabilities, and possibly implicate multiple defendants. Brain injury victims often experience profound symptoms that interrupt daily activities and cause a tremendous amount of physical pain and psychological distress. Some victims may be unable to represent their own interests in court due to a vegetative or comatose state, relying on loved ones to pursue legal action on their behalf.
A Glendale brain injury attorney can help navigate the complexities of a brain injury lawsuit in Arizona so the client can focus on recovery or caring for the victim of a severe brain injury. An attorney will gather evidence to prove the full extent of the victim’s losses, consult with expert witnesses who can testify as to the victim’s future prognosis, and financial experts who can inform the court as to the economic impact of such an injury, both immediately and in the future. A brain injury attorney can also handle correspondence with insurance companies and difficult claims adjusters on behalf of a client.
If you or a loved one recently suffered any type of brain injury due to the actions of another party, contact The Law Offices of John Phebus today to schedule a free case evaluation with a Glendale personal injury attorney.