The Legal Representation
You Need.

Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor

It is illegal for anyone to provide alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age of 21 years. You may be charged for:

  • Selling alcohol to minors
  • Buying alcohol for anyone who is too young to purchase it themselves
  • Giving alcohol to a fellow student who is underage
  • Furnishing alcohol to minors at parties in your home

If you have been charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor, contact our Glendale criminal lawyer at The Law Offices of John Phebus for a free 30-minute telephone consultation. You may be facing very serious legal consequences. We provide aggressive defense for clients in Glendale and Peoria as well as throughout Maricopa County and the metro area, including many Arizona State University students.

Penalties For Providing Alcohol In Arizona

Arizona law is very specific about providing alcoholic beverages to minors. If convicted, penalties can include:

  • Maximum fine of $2,500 plus surcharges
  • Maximum jail sentence of six months
  • Criminal record for life

If you are a student and provide alcohol to someone under 21, your college or university policies may call for suspension, expulsion, or other sanctions. We have represented Arizona State University students in a variety of underage alcohol violations. Additionally, our attorneys represent bar or liquor establishment owners who are at risk of losing their liquor license for knowingly furnishing alcohol to minors or failing to check for IDs.

We will make every attempt to get the charges dismissed or reduced, or to negotiate with Prosecutors to get the minimum allowable penalties.

NOTE: In addition to criminal penalties, a Glendale car accident attorney may show that you are liable in civil litigation if the person to whom you provided alcohol is injured in a car accident or other alcohol-related accident.

Contact Our Glendale-Area Underage Drinking Defense Attorneys

If you are charged with providing alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal drinking age, contact our office in Glendale, Tempe, Scottsdale or other office locations to arrange a free telephonic consultation about your charge of furnishing alcohol to a minor. We accept credit cards and payment plans, and can meet you at our law offices, or discuss your case over the phone. Call 623-847-7117 or use our online contact form now.