A river of green beer will wash down the gullets of shamrock-festooned revelers this weekend in Phoenix. But beware: the luck of the Irish will do you little good if police officers believe you are drinking and driving this weekend or on St. Patrick’s Day.
Phoenix police have already sent out the warning that they will be rolling out saturation patrols tonight, tomorrow (Saturday night) and again on Tuesday, St. Patrick’s Day (and night).
Extra officers will be out and about at six different areas scattered around Phoenix on Friday and Saturday nights.
According to New Times, those spots include:
- 27th Avenue and Thunderbird Road
- Seventh Street near Northern Avenue
- Cave Creek Road and Deer Valley Road
- 22nd Street and Thomas Road
- Central Avenue and Elwood Street
- 27th Avenue and Thomas Road
Revelers should also know that the East Valley DUI Task Force is in Gilbert on Friday, in Mesa and Chandler on Saturday, Scottsdale on Sunday and then back in Gilbert on Tuesday, St. Patrick’s Day.
- Friday: Near Elliot Road and McQueen Road in Gilbert
- Saturday: Rio Solado Boulevard near Loop 101 and 202 in Mesa
- Saturday: Downtown Chandler
- Sunday: McKellips Road and Miller Road in Scottsdale
- Tuesday: Gilbert Road and Baseline Road in Gilbert
And last, but not least, the West Valley DUI Task Force will be in Avondale on Saturday, near the intersection of Dysart Road and Thomas Road.
Those facing DUI charges should speak to a NW Phoenix criminal defense attorney experienced in drunk driving defense, including negotiation and fighting for your rights and liberties at trial.